THIS PROGRAMME IS FOR STUDENTS from 13 – 18 years old
Waterford Sports Partnership, under the direction of Sport Ireland have been successful in securing Dormant Account Funding to support the delivery of a number of Sport Leader Award programmes within schools, community groups and youth organisations.
The Sports Leadership Award provides the ideal starting point for learners who wish to develop their leadership skills and gain a nationally recognised leader qualification. This programme is designed to equip young people with the motivation and confidence to deliver sporting opportunities to others and general leadership skills that will stand to them throughout their life. This qualification is 29 hours in duration, 18 hours of directed learning and 11 hours of self study (completion of learning log and planning sessions).
This programme benefits the students in many ways:
- It’s a fun and practical course that focuses on leader rather than technical ability.
- Potential stepping stone into employment, further education and training.
- Allows everybody to take a full and active role in sport and physical activity.
- Increased self confidence that comes through taking responsibility for their own and others learning and enjoyment.
- Develops generic leadership skills that can be applied to a variety of situations, as well as contributing to the personal development of the learner.
For further information on Sports Leader Training please contact:
Brian O’Neill on 0761 10 2583/086 0201219 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article Modified: December 08, 2018 10:45 am