- This learning is designed at those who have previously attended the face to face Safeguarding workshop or equivalent.
- The learning from this course can be beneficial for all roles with regular responsibility for children, including parents; the content can be useful as a precursor to a face-to-face workshop.
- Please bookmark this address to your browser, you can then return to the online resource if you do not complete all four modules in one visit or at a later stage to access some of the resources.
- There are 4 different modules of differing length and detail covering the principles of best practice, an awareness of concerns of abuse and the reporting process.
- There is a digital test at the end of the four modules that you need to complete to be awarded the certificate. This requires a pass mark of 80% to be successful.
- You will be given the opportunity to read text and watch information clips and to check your knowledge before completing the digital test
- You can complete the full learning in one visit or you can return using a bookmark.
- Once you have completed the learning we encourage you to return to watch the clips and to read and use the supporting material.
The learning is broken down into four modules. You must complete all 4 modules before receiving a certificate.
Best Practice: Examine best practice procedures including – codes of conduct within sport.
Understanding Safeguarding: Demonstrate an understanding of why safeguarding children and young people in sport is important.
Recognising the Signs: Demonstrate knowledge of the different categories of child abuse and identify the signs of abuse.
Responding and Reporting: Responding, recording, and reporting issues of poor practice or abuse.
Safeguarding courses can evoke uncomfortable feelings for some participants given the sensitive nature of the topic and participants need to care for themselves while completing this course.
If in the Republic of Ireland and you have any concerns about a child you should report it to the Child & Family Agency please see their website for contact details.
Article Modified: February 02, 2021 8:54 am