Applications for Sports Capital Grants Funding are being sought from sports clubs, voluntary and community groups, national governing bodies of sport and local authorities. Third level colleges, Education and Training Boards and schools may only apply for funding jointly with sports clubs.
Any organisation that wishes to make an application must first be registered at www.sportscapitalprogramme.ie the Department’s online application system – OSCAR (Online Sports Capital Register) and this must be done by Friday 5th October. A separate guide is available to the registration process at http://www.dttas.gov.ie/sites/default/files/corporate/guide-registering-scp-online.pdf . The Department has created a “how-to register” video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDl-L2l5JXQ&t=8s.
The guide to making an application is available on the Department’s Sports Capital Programme website www.sportscapitalprogramme.ie.
Applications can only be made online from 9am on Friday 7th September until 5pm on Friday 19th October, 2018.
For advice on how to make the application or for any technical matters:
• read the Guide
• view the YouTube how-to guides https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq1kBv-FA7QcFmu8cdrIsTg
• attend one of the information workshops which will be held during the application period. All registered organisations will be emailed with relevant details.
• phone the Department – for Waterford applications contact Anne Vaughan at (064) 6627308
• email SportsCapitalProgrammes@dttas.gov.ie.
• you can download a blank sample application form at http://www.dttas.gov.ie/sport/english/sport-unit-1-sports-capital-programmes-division (this is only a sample form and all applications must be made on the online OSCAR system).
The Sports Capital Programme is the Government’s primary vehicle for supporting the development of sports facilities and the purchase of non-personal sports equipment.
The programme funds:
• Natural grass sports pitches, tracks and courts (including pitch drainage)
• Artificial sports pitches, tracks, courts and multi-use games areas
• Fitness studios
• Security fencing, ball stop netting and goal posts
• Hurling walls / handball alleys
• Walking/jogging tracks
• Building or refurbishment of dressing rooms, showers and toilets
• Building or refurbishment of sports halls, gyms or fitness studios
• Modifications to sports facilities to improve access for people with disabilities.
• Non-personal sports equipment including gym equipment3, lawn mowers and defibrillators.
• Any other capital projects that are clearly sporting in nature and that will increase participation in sport or improve performance (see definition above)
THE CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS IS
5PM ON FRIDAY 19TH OCTOBER 2018.
For further information/support please call Waterford Sports Partnership – Peter Jones (WSP | County) 0761 10 2191 or Pauline Cunningham (WSP | City) 0761 10 2682.
Article Modified: August 31, 2018 12:01 pm