Waterford City and County Council is currently inviting applications from Community Groups for funding to assist with the organisation of cycling themed events during Bike Week 2015 which will take place from 13th to 21st June.
The objective of Bike Week is to celebrate cycling in all its forms and to get more people participating in cycling both for transport and recreation.
The types of groups which may apply are community groups, voluntary organisations, schools, sports clubs, active retirement groups, childcare service providers, workplaces
or any group that wishes to organise a bike related event on a ‘not for profit basis’ during
Bike Week 2015.
Examples of possible Bike Week events include (but are not limited to):
• Guided bike tour of a town/village. These can be themed, for example, heritage, gardens, or food trails.
• Cycles from your school to a local amenity on Cycle to school Wednesday for bike based games such as treasure hunts and slow bicycle races
• A midsummer night cycle
• Bike hurley or camogie
• Bike maintenance workshops
• Bike art exhibition
• Bike school art competition, quiz or drama
• Family fun cycle
• Bike fashion show
• Cycling window display competition in local shops
• Picnic cycle
• Fancy dress bike parade
• Please see our examples of Bike Week Case Studies attached.
The list is endless!
All applications will be assessed by the Bike Week steering committee and funding will be allocated typically in the range between €150 to €350 per group/per event depending on applications received.
Application forms, full particulars and terms & conditions are available at http://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/en/Resident/Community,and,Sport/Bike,Week,2015/
Alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 058-21496 to request a form.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 4 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY 25th March 2015.
Article Modified: March 04, 2015 9:15 am