APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POST ARE NOW CLOSED
Waterford Sports Partnership is seeking applications for the role of Community Sports Development Officer.
Title: Community Sports Development Officer (CSDO)
Salary: Salary in line with the grade 4 local authority pay scale (€28,753-€46,465)
Hours: The CSDO will work 35 hours a week. This position will require flexibility around working hours with regards to evening and/or weekend work to accommodate the service needs, for which time off in-lieu can be taken.
Annual Leave: 28 days annual leave
Travel Expenses: Travel expenses will be reimbursed where appropriate.
Location: The post will be based between both Waterford Sports Partnership (WSP) offices ie Civic Offices, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford and the Regional Sports Centre, Cork Road, Waterford and a level of flexibility and remote working will be considered.
Reports to: WSP Co-ordinator or their designate.
Contract type & duration: 12 month fixed term contract subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period.
The CSDO will develop, deliver and evaluate programmes and initiatives which will expand the range of opportunities to increase participation in sport and physical activity in the community. WSP targets those with low participation rates from the following groups – young people, youth at risk, teenage girls, women, men, people with a disability, older adults, people from disadvantaged community and minority groups. We also support those who promote participation in sport and physical activity eg sports club volunteers and coaches, teachers, physical activity leaders. The CSDO will be assigned certain target groups and work areas on appointment.
The CSDO will foster and encourage a culture of active participation, supporting opportunities for and access to, sport and physical activity including:
- Supporting the development of exciting and dynamic opportunities to increase participation of people who are low participants in sport and physical activity.
- Capacity building smaller NGBs and other sport and community stakeholders to deliver services to increase participation.
- Developing sustainable local leadership of sport and physical activity within communities.
- Actively contribute and support the preparation of the annual operational plan to deliver WSP strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement an action plan in line with the WSP strategy, the National Sports Policy Action Plan, the National Physical Activity Plan, Local Economic Community Plan and actions arising out of WSP strategic objectives.
- Implement a comprehensive range of physical activity programmes and events for relevant target groups with a view to creating sustainable participation.
- Participate in the design, organisation and implementation of WSP projects and events.
- Facilitate quarterly and annual reviews of the annual operational plan reporting on the effectiveness and impact of work areas.
- Community Activation
- Engage with communities and target groups by consulting with participants and local partners to assess needs and develop sustainable approaches in providing participation opportunities.
- Identify key stakeholders and community leaders to ensure engagement across the community and involvement with relevant target groups.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders to share knowledge and information relevant to target groups in the community to identify the needs and demand for new activities.
- Participate in the design, organisation and implementation of physical activity programmes and events for all WSP target groups.
- Encourage and foster opportunities for programme development and new initiatives with partner agencies.
- Provide guidance and support to develop sustainable pathways in the community.
- Support and maintain strong links between community organisations.
- Relationship Building
- Work with WSP current and potential partners and stakeholders including local community groups and organisations, sports clubs, NGBs, partner agencies to develop and strengthen relationships.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate partner organisations and local community groups and create links and encourage collaboration between partners.
- Actively build relationships with organisations to facilitate the reach of WSP to our various target groups.
- Develop strong partnership working with local partners, community groups and stakeholders, with a particular focus on strengthening community links.
- Support and guide clubs and communities with various issues as they arise.
- Maintain and develop existing relationships with NGBs and engage smaller NGBs in new partnerships.
- Develop and implement WSP programmes and initiatives to increase participation of targeted low participation groups.
- Establish participation programmes and training and education courses including attracting participants, sourcing appropriate tutors/coaches and working with tutors to ensure appropriate delivery of programmes.
- Research & Evaluation
- Conduct research of participation in sport and physical activity in the community including, where relevant, needs analysis to identify suitable support to increase participation in sport and physical activity in the community and target groups.
- Implement a monitoring and evaluation framework for all projects, programmes and initiatives.
- Measure and monitor performance indicators based on the impact courses/programmes are having at local level and among target groups.
- Financial Management
- Adhere to WSP financial policies regarding the procurement of goods and services, budget planning and reporting, while ensuring compliance requirements of the various funders.
- Carefully manage budget and reporting responsibilities providing regular updates to the WSP Co-ordinator, Board, Sport Ireland etc as required.
- Identify funding sources for programme delivery.
- Marketing & PR
- Assist with the preparation of the WSP marketing and communication plan including writing marketing content, press releases, articles and radio promotions.
- Collate material for inclusion in promotional materials such as the WSP newsletter, WSP website, social media platforms and other communication channels.
- Identify and secure, in consultation with the WSP Co-ordinator and colleagues, opportunities to promote and market the work and activities of WSP.
- Health & Safety Management
- Contribute to ensuring that the approach taken for WSP activities and all facilities used are fully compliant with current health and safety standards.
- Assist in the investigation of all accidents/incidents and communicate all results/recommendations arising from investigations of accidents/incidents.
- Ensure that all activities undertaken as an employee of WSP are in line with codes of practice and legislation.
- Undertake additional duties and tasks as requested by the Coordinator or other designated person.
- Be flexible in approach to work, and undertake any other duties that may be required within the remit of WSP.
- Ensure that all activities undertaken as an officer of WSP are in line with WSP values, codes of practice and relevant legislation.
Waterford Sports Partnership
Community Sports Development Officer
Short listing of candidates may apply based on the information supplied. Canvassing will disqualify.
Those selected will be invited to attend for interview w/c 5th July.
WSP shall require the person to whom the appointment is offered to take up such appointment as soon as possible.
Waterford Sports Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Article Modified: July 06, 2021 10:41 am