Waterford County Council and Go Dungarvan are currently inviting applications from Community Groups (see below) for funding to assist with the organisation of cycling themed events during Bike Week 2013 which will take place from 15th to 23rd June.
The objective of Bike Week is to celebrate cycling in all its forms and to get more people participating in cycling both for transport and recreation.
The types of groups which may apply are community groups, voluntary organisations, schools, sports clubs, active retirement groups, childcare service providers, workplaces or any group that wishes to organise a bike related event on a ‘not for profit basis’ during Bike Week 2013.
Examples of possible Bike Week events include:
- Guided bike tour of a town/village.
- These can be themed, for example, heritage, gardens, or food trails.
- Cycles from your school to a local amenity on Cycle to school Wednesday (19th June) for bike based games such as treasure hunts and slow bicycle races
- A midsummer night cycle
- Bike hurley or camogie
- Bike maintenance workshops
- Bike art exhibition
- Bike school art competition, quiz or drama
- Family fun cycle
- Bike fashion show
- Cycling window display competition in local shops
- Picnic cycle
- Fancy dress bike parade
The list is endless!
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by Wednesday 10th April 2013
Article Modified: December 14, 2018 11:43 am