The Minister for Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media, Catherine Martin TD, and the Minister of State for Sport and the Gaeltacht, Jack Chambers TD, today announced that €40 million is being made available in 2021 under a new round of the Sports Capital and Equipment Programme (SCEP).
The SCEP is the government’s primary vehicle for providing support to sports clubs and communities to develop sports infrastructure around the country. Applications can be made online only from 9am on Friday 11 December 2020 until 5pm on Monday 1st March 2021.
The first step in obtaining a grant is to register on the department’s online system. The Ministers encouraged any clubs which are not already registered to do so now. Clubs can now register on the department’s online system at www.sportscapitalprogramme.ie. Once registered, all applications must be made on the same website. The system will be open for applications from 11 December 2020 to 1st March 2021.
The “Guide to Making an Application” was also published on the department’s website today.
The Sports Capital and Equipment Programme is the government’s primary vehicle for supporting the development of sports facilities and the purchase of non-personal sports equipment.
The programme funds:
- natural grass sports pitches, tracks and courts (including pitch drainage)
- energy efficient floodlighting
- artificial sports pitches, tracks, courts and multi-use games areas
- security fencing, ball stop netting and goal posts
- hurling walls / handball alleys
- building or refurbishment of dressing rooms, showers and toilets
- building or refurbishment of sports halls and gyms
- non-personal sports equipment
- limited COVID-19 related works/equipment
- modifications to sports facilities to reduce energy consumption
- any other capital projects that are clearly sporting in nature and that will increase participation in sport or improve performance
Further information about the programme, including details of all previous allocations and a detailed review of the latest (2018) round of the programme, is available on gov.ie.
Applications can be made online only from 9am on Friday 11 December 2020 until 5pm on Monday 1st March 2021.
For further information/support please call Waterford Sports Partnership:
Peter Jones (WSP | County) on 087 101 5130 or email email@example.com
or Pauline Casey (WSP | City) on 086 783 7385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Article Modified: January 12, 2021 12:55 pm