- Increase the levels of walking and cycling, for transport, play and recreation;
- Ensure that the public realm in the city and outlying residential areas makes it easier, cheaper, safer and more pleasant and convenient for all people to be active for transport, play and recreation;
- Ensure these spaces and places are accessible by and suitable for all socio-economic groups, age groups and abilities.
- Increase the availability of organised sports, games and play facilities/areas that are accessible to all ages, background and abilities;
- Make existing resources, like housing estate greens, parks, and roads, active resources that enable people to get out and play, walk, do yoga, run, more often;
- Consult with and engage local communities in discussions regarding the quality, usage and provision of such spaces, places and facilities;
- Consult with and engage local communities in discussions regarding how to make their transport to work, school, shops etc. more active;
- Ensure that Waterford becomes an active, vibrant place to live that is designed for people to move.
Article Modified: April 01, 2022 9:23 am