APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POST ARE NOW CLOSED
Waterford Sports Partnership is seeking applications for the role of Finance and Governance Officer – Part-time Fixed Term Contract Position
Title: Finance and Governance Officer
Salary Scale: Salary in line with the grade 5 local authority pay scale (€43,633-€52,401 pro rata)
Hours: 28 hours per week. The chosen candidate must be flexible and willing to work occasional evening/weekends if required, with time off in lieu.
Annual Leave: 24 days annual leave
Travel Expenses: Travelling expenses will be paid where appropriate.
Location: The post will be based at the Civic Offices, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford. While the role is mainly office based, flexible hours and remote working can be considered.
Reports to: Sports Co-ordinator
Contract type & Duration: 12 month fixed term contract subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period.
The primary purpose of the Finance and Governance Officer (FGO) role is to provide high quality financial and governance support to the Waterford Sports Partnership (WSP) Sports Co-ordinator, Board and committees.
The FGO will ensure that all governance and finance obligations regarding recording, reporting and compliance are completed in line with the Governance Code for Sport and legal and statutory requirements and will satisfy the reporting needs of WSP CLG and its key funding bodies. The FGO will have an understanding and commitment to the principles and values of WSP and work as a responsible member of the overall team, participate in team meetings and ensure confidentiality and professional integrity at all times.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the day to day finances of WSP
- Assist in budget management, financial projection and planning, procurement oversight, financial reporting and banking/cashflow management
- Implement and manage a new payroll system and manage WSP payroll transition from the current service provider to new system
- Run fortnightly payroll for the WSP team
- Administration of staff pensions and any other associated staff benefits
- Support the co-ordinator in the preparation of monthly and year end accounts and in the preparation for the annual audit.
- Develop and prepare financial reports and quarterly/half-yearly financial updates for the WSP Co-ordinator, Board, committees, funders and regulatory bodies.
- Assist in preparing funding applications and quarterly/annual funding analysis/reports for WSP Co-ordinator, Board, committees, funders and regulatory bodies.
- Develop a system, with relevant templates, to co-ordinate and monitor funding applications, approvals and reporting timelines.
- Accurately track and record funding spend in line with approval rationale
- Keep up to date on WSP financial/legal obligations including CRO obligations.
- Support the WSP Sports Co-ordinator, Board and relevant committees in the planning, implementation and monitoring of progress with regard to compliance with the Governance Code for Sport.
- In partnership with the Co-ordinator:
- Prepare, review and update company policies for governance and present to co-ordinator for approval
- Develop systems, standard operating procedures and templates to support the implementation of company policies.
- Keep up to date and informed on governance matters, upcoming changes and information from the various stakeholders.
- Assist with queries into WSP on areas relating to governance
- Conduct regular monitoring and annual audit of governance compliance within WSP and report findings and recommendations to the Co-ordinator.
- Support and contribute to the preparation, completion and review of WSP’s annual operational plans for the delivery of the WSP Strategy
- Undertake additional duties and tasks as requested by the Coordinator or other designated person.
- Be flexible in approach to work, and undertake any other duties that may be required within the remit of WSP. This may involve occasional evening/weekend work from time to time.
- Ensure that all activities undertaken as an officer of WSP are in line with WSP values, codes of practice and relevant legislation.
- Staff supervision may be required for certain bodies of work.
Finance and Governance Officer | Person Specification
Short listing of candidates may apply based on the information supplied. Canvassing will disqualify.
Those selected will be invited to attend for interview w/c 5th July.
WSP shall require the person to whom the appointment is offered to take up such appointment as soon as possible.
Waterford Sports Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Article Modified: July 06, 2021 10:42 am