Waterford Sports Partnership | Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
Position: ASPIRE Graduate
Organisation: Waterford Sports Partnership (WSP)
Location: WSP Offices, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford. A level of flexibility and remote working may be considered.
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Contract Length: 11-month contract
Full time/Part time: Full time – 35 hours per week.
Hours: Hours of work will be those necessary to carry out the full responsibilities of the post, some of which may be in the evening and/or weekends. Time-off-in-lieu will be allowed in respect of working evenings and weekends.
Salary/Travel: €26,620 per annum (pro rata over 11 months). Travel expenses will be reimbursed where appropriate.
Annual leave: 27 days annual leave per annum (pro rata over 11 months).
Application closing date: extended to Tuesday 21st February 2023
Interviews: Interviews will be scheduled for weeks commencing 20th and 27th February
Application: Please apply by uploading a COVER LETTER and CV by Tuesday 21st February 2023 to the link provided below.
Programme duration: Feb 2023 – Jan 2024
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme: ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme that is being funded by Sport Ireland. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified sport and physical activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11-month contract and will work directly for Waterford Sports Partnership. Waterford Sports Partnership is responsible for the recruitment and selection of the graduate.
Job Summary; The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and co-ordinate programmes and projects specific to WSP operational targets for 2023. The Aspire Graduate will work in partnership with the WSP team to develop, deliver and evaluate programmes and initiatives aimed at increasing participation in sport and physical activity in the community. WSP targets those with low participation rates from the following groups – young people, youth at risk, teenage girls, women, men, people with a disability, older adults, people from disadvantaged community and minority groups. We also support those who promote participation in sport and physical activity e.g. sports club volunteers and coaches, teachers, physical activity leaders. The ASPIRE graduate will be assigned certain target groups and work areas on appointment and will be supported by development officer staff.
The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the organisation. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the team/organisation in achieving project / programme objectives.
- To coordinate and have direct responsibility for a project or a specific set of tasks related to a project / programme.
- To support the development of exciting and dynamic opportunities to increase participation of people who are low participants in sport and physical activity.
- To tackle local barriers to participation through targeted programmes and initiatives
- To lead and co-ordinate WSP engagement and activity offerings to schools
- To support and develop strong links between schools, community, sports clubs and community facilities.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required.
The graduate must:
- Have graduated with a Master’s or Primary Degree in the area of Sport or Physical Activity in 2021 or 2022.
- Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment.
- Be available for the 11 month contract duration.
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
- Strong planning and organisational skills and an ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Strong communication skills, including competency in written communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and IT skills.
- Full, clean driving licence and use of personal transport for work.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Ability and commitment to work evenings and weekends as required.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and the Garda Vetting process satisfactorily to WSP’s requirements.
Short listing of candidates may apply based on the information supplied. Canvassing will disqualify. Those selected will be invited to attend for interview weel commencing 20th February 2023. WSP shall require the person to whom the appointment is offered to take up the appointment as soon as possible and preferably on or before 27th February 2023.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please apply via the following link APPLY HERE
with a COVER LETTER and CV by Tuesday 14th February 2023.
Waterford Sports Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Article Modified: February 14, 2023 10:36 am